This focused issue on “Iron Metabolism” is edited by Katell Peoc’h, from University of Paris, Paris, France.
Dr. Katell Peoc’h currently serves as Assistant Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Paris, UFR de Médecine Paris Diderot (France), and Centre de Recherche sur l’Inflammation and director of the Clinical Chemistry Laboratory of University Hospital of Beaujon (France). She is also Chair of the Scientific Division of French Society of Clinical Biology (SFBC), and Member of the IFCC working group on Molecular Diagnosis. Her main areas of research include analytical and clinical validation of biomarkers, metabolism of heme and metals and relevant assay methods, biological diagnosis of neurological and gastrointestinal diseases.
- Focused issue outline:
- Introduction and brief overview of iron metabolism explmoration
- Iron metabolism in physiological conditions
- Iron deficiency an overview
- Iron deficiency and cardiac insufficiency
- Iron and blood cells
- Iron deficiency and kidney diseases
- Iron deficiency and inflammatory bowel diseases
- Iron and pregnancy
- Iron and Brain
- Iron overload
- Patient blood management
- Metals and iron interrelation