This focused issue on “Laboratory Medicine in Pregnancy” is edited by Dr. Giuseppe Lippi and Dr. Martina Montagnana, from Section of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Verona, Verona, Italy; and Dr. Zhi-De Hu, from Department of Laboratory Medicine, the Affiliated Hospital of Inner Mongolia Medical University, Hohhot, China.
Dr. Giuseppe Lippi has published more than 1200 articles in peer-reviewed journals, and participated in more than 500 national and international congresses. His main areas of research include pre-analytical variability, analytical and clinical validation of biomarkers, metabolism of lipoproteins and relevant assay methods, diagnosis and management of disorders of haemostasis and thrombosis, diagnostics of the acute coronary syndrome.
Dr. Martina Montagnana has published more than 300 articles in peer-reviewed journals, and participated in more than 100 national and international congresses. Her main areas of research include pre-analytical variability, analytical and clinical validation of biomarkers, clinical molecular biology, oncology, cardiovascular and personalized medicine.
With broad research interests in laboratory medicine and clinical chemistry, Dr. Zhi-De Hu has published his works in many international journals in laboratory medicine, including Clin Biochem, Clin Chem Lab Med, Clin Chim Acta and Ann Clin Biochem. As a principal investigator, Hu’s research activities have been fully funded by NSFC since 2014.
- Focused issue outline:
- Laboratory tests to monitoring physiological pregnancy
- Diagnostics of hypertensive disorders in pregnancy
- Gestational diabetes mellitus
- Diagnosis of anemia in pregnancy
- Thrombocytopenia in pregnancy
- Diagnosis of venous thromboembolism in pregnancy
- Obstetric antiphospholipid syndrome
- Laboratory in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP)
- Renal disorders in pregnancy
- Cardiac disorders in pregnancy
- Liver disease in pregnancy
- Emergency laboratory medicine in pregnancy
- Thyroid disorders in pregnancy
- Vitamin-D deficiency and pregnancy disorders
- New technologies in prenatal diagnosis of genetic disease
- Serological exams in pregnancy (cytomegalovirus, toxo..)
- Clinical implications of neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio during pregnancy
- Circulating miRNAs as biomarkers for pregnancy-specific diseases
- An overview of noninvasive prenatal testing
- Human chorionic gonadotropin assays
- Biomarkers for management of preeclampsia
- Serum biomarkers for ectopic pregnancy and missed abortiona
The series “Laboratory Medicine in Pregnancy” was commissioned by the editorial office, Journal of Laboratory and Precision Medicine without any sponsorship or funding. Giuseppe Lippi, Martina Montagnana and Zhi-De Hu are serving as the unpaid Guest Editors for the series.