Vishwanath Venketaraman, PhD
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Western University of Health Sciences, 309 E.Second Street, Pomona, CA 91766, USA
Research interest: host immune responses against mycobacterium tuberculosis infection; pathogenesis of tuberculosis; HIV; diabetes; host-directed therapies for tuberculosis; COVID-19 pathogenesis.
Prof. Venketaraman obtained his B.S in Biology from University of Madras, his M.S in Biology from University of Madras and his Ph. D in Immunology from Tuberculosis Research Center. Prof. Venketaraman completed Postdoctoral research at University of Ferrara in 1998, at University of Michigan in 2000 and at Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School in 2003. Currently, Prof. Venketaraman covers the role of Full professor and Discipline Lead for Microbiology and Immunology at Western University of Health Sciences.
Prof. Venketaraman has published more than 97 publications in international peer-review journals. Prof. Venketaraman has been invited to give presentations in more than 30 domestic and international conferences. He has provided professional services to more than 15 journals and professional organizations.
- Introductory preface for the special series
- Ageing and Increased Susceptibility to Mycobacterial Infection
- The Recent Advances in the Understanding of The Host Immune Responses Against Tuberculosis Infection
- Pathogenesis in Tuberculosis
- Novel Therapies for Tuberculosis
- Prevention of Tuberculosis
- Novel Diagnosis for Tuberculosis
- COVID-related Disruptions in Managing Tuberculosis
The series “Recent Developments in Mycobacterial Research” was commissioned by the editorial office, Journal of Laboratory and Precision Medicine without any sponsorship or funding. Vishwanath Venketaraman serving as the unpaid Guest Editor for the series.